Sunday, August 4, 2013

Vroom, vroom, zoom, zoom! (plus a bonus post)

It seems like we are running around town all of the time, but we really have had lots of 'stay home days' this summer.  I really enjoy going places with K & T, but low key days are great too.  I have to clean sometime!  K & T have been blessed with lots of toys from friends & family, and usually play really well together. There is plenty to do in this house. This car playmat has recently become a favorite for both kids to play on.  They haven't yet mastered keeping their cars on the roads, but choose rather to roll their cars quickly across the mat through the mountains, deserts and trees to the other side.  I promise you that this isn't a reflection of my driving.  :) 

T makes the cutest sounds when he's playing with the cars, sounds I suppose, that most little boys make.  My mom told me about the sound button that boys are born with, I had no idea  ;)  He makes zoom, zoom and grinding noises and cheers for himself when he gets the car to go really fast, it's adorable.  K plays too, but it seems that she tells a story with the cars.  "I go to Target, I go to Kroger" etc.  It's amazing the differences between a boy and a girl who are so close in age.  No matter how they play, I love to watch them, and yes, I get down and zoom, zoom with them too.  Wouldn't have it any other way.







Here's a bonus post!

I mentioned earlier that K & T are great friends, we still have sharing issues, and just after I snapped the playmat shots, there was a bit of a scuffle over K's baby.  T scooped up Baby from the floor and ran away with her while K was tattling on him.  After a quick reminder, T signed 'sorry', and gave Baby back.  We usually have the kids hug after an issue, and I had my camera right with me.  Just look at these two sillies!  See, no harm done.



Once again, I am so thankful that K & T have each other, and that we have them!