Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pizza, Pizza!

Happy Pizza Night! I think I've explained before that both Andy & I cook at home.  I think because it was just the two of us for so long before K & T came home, that we learned to share the load of the household duties.  I love that Andy enjoys cooking, and count myself a lucky gal!  He is a great example for the kids and a terrific cook! We are really trying to help K & T learn to love cooking & eat healthy, and were really happy with tonight's results.  So, here is pizza, our family way!

I used this pizza sauce recipe (which was extremely easy to do) and this pizza dough recipe (just changed the toppings to what our family would eat) and started it when the kids went down for naps.  When they got up and Andy came home we did the fun part, here's the proof!

Just a ball of dough waiting for a smiley girl to smash it down!
Here she is working her magic.
With a little help from Mommy, we pressed it out.
Time for an olive eating break after all that work!

K was great at the sauce spreading stage.  She told me she was painting.

Time for the cheese!

We needed to bring in the big guns for this part, T was a natural.

Just look at that cheese talent!

Back to K for one of her favorite parts, the olives of course. 

We also added chopped ham slices, onion & a little more cheese.

After 9 mins at 500 degrees, just enough time to put a salad together, dinner is served!

K is ready to eat!

And so is this guy!
 I am looking forward to years of pizza nights in the future, K & T are such great & willing helpers. Happy Thursday & happy pizza!