Monday, March 2, 2015

they say it's your birthday! na na na na na na..

My awesome dad turns 64 today, it's his Beatle Birthday!  My siblings and I grew up on the Beatles, with both of our parents being major fans, and I'm so glad.  I still love their music, and listen to it a lot with K & T.  It was only fitting that we celebrate my dad's 64th birthday in style, after the song, When I'm 64.  We gathered last night for dinner, my mom had gathered some fun food ideas all paying homage to the Beatles.  It was a fun dinner, full of yummy food and great company as we celebrated my dad.

The birthday guy with Baby J.






We really did have pizza, it was just finishing in the oven when I was snapping pics.  
My dad had been kept in the dark about the theme of the party until now.  Here he is checking out all of the dishes.
Andrew, baby J, S and Shelley all eating dinner.
Emma, my mom,  and my dad enjoying dinner.
Eric, Spencer & K's bow.  :)
T really liked the pizza, so did I.  It was a homemade thin crust pepperoni pie.  My mom is one great cook! 
K gobbled her pizza down too.
Here's the cake with some of the lyrics from When I'm 64. 



I love the smiles on my parents' faces here, and that my brother, Andrew photobombed them.
Take 2, still a good one.
My dad likes to guess what the present is before he opens it, he was right on this one!
Every 64 year old needs a box of 64 crayons right?  We thought so.  K & T can't wait to color with him.
T enjoyed the frosting from the cake.  
S gave Papa a mix cd of her favorite songs for him to listen to on his way to work,  and wrote why she likes those songs.  What a thoughtful present! 

I asked K & T last night at bedtime, what they loved about their Papa.  T said that Papa is his best friend, that he likes to play toys with him, and really likes to look at his trains.  K said that she likes it when Papa reads stories to her, play games with her at church and that she likes it when he comes to parties since she loves parties.  

Happy, Happy Birthday Papa! We hope you have a great day!