Monday, July 23, 2012

Sorting

I had grand plans for this 'lesson', as I'm trying to teach K her colors right now.  We talk about them throughout the day and I point colors out when we see them.  I think she has blue down, but it's not quite 100% just yet.  For our 4th of July party I was making a snack mix and wanted to use red and blue M&M's.  I thought this would be a great opportunity to have K help me and to practice her colors.  As any mom or teacher knows things don't always go as planned...

First, we washed our hands.
Next, Mommy showed K how to pick out the red and blue ones.  K was very excited to be helping.
K quickly realizes that she is sitting in front of a pile of candy.  She signed it to me.
What happened next took me by surprise, K started shoving them into her mouth faster than I could stop her!  It was actually quite funny and cute to see her grabbing them.  Then I thought to myself, "What was I thinking? " I know she loves M&M's, and she doesn't get them often.  What a crazy Mommy move!
I let her have what she had in her hand, and finished the task myself a bit later.  Lesson fail, but I think I made K's day!