Like most kids, K & T love throwing money into fountains and making wishes. I don't really mind this practice actually. I'm not sure how many people know that I worked at Kings' Island for seven years, some of that as a teenager, and some when I went back to school after I was married. During the latter part I worked in Human Resources teaching training classes for new employees. It was one of the most fun jobs I've ever had. Anyway, one year I won a scholarship towards my education from Kings Island, and the money came from the coins that are thrown into the fountains at the park by park visitors. It was almost $1500!! I will always remember that, and I hope that when we throw pennies, the money benefits someone as I was helped.
There's a fun fountain/water pool with fake animals at a local grocery store that K & T really like, we always throw pennies there. The elephants squirt water out of their trunks, that's what T waits to see. K likes the giraffes "with the long, long necks". Earlier this week we were at the store grabbing a few things, and of course we had to make wishes. I took a couple of pictures as the kids chucked their money in.
 |
| T is really serious about this practice and tries to makes his go far. |
 |
| K quickly dropped hers in and wanted to watch the animals. |
 |
| Determination by T. |
 |
| Round 2 for him. |
 |
| Pretty girl, I hope all your wishes come true! |