Saturday, January 9, 2016

conference

Waaay back in October, we watched our church's bi-annual General Conference on tv.  These Sundays are some of my very favorites throughout the year.  I love hearing the inspirational messages from our church leaders, and look forward to hearing the words of the prophet.  I know that these men are true disciples of Christ, and what they say is important.  I also really like staying home on these Sundays and enjoying the day with the kids.  When I was growing up, I have lots of memories of my parents taking us all to our stake center, about a 30 minute drive, and watching conference there.  My mom would always pack a picnic lunch for us to eat between sessions in the parking lot.  How different life is now.  I'm so thankful we get to stay home!

The kids got cozy in their sleeping bags to watch.  
When scriptures were mentioned, they ran to get theirs.  So cute!
They colored quietly and had some snacks too.
This guy eats carrots almost every day.  He says he likes their 'crunch'. He eats almonds by the handfuls too.  (He would eat candy & marshmallows by the handful if we let him).
Action shot.  He's growing up so quickly, and is getting quite a big imagination.
"Take his picture Mom!"

I'm grateful for conferences weekends.  They are much needed fulfillment for my soul.