Monday, December 22, 2014

Thanksgiving

I feel like Thankgiving always gets shorted here on the blog because it's such a busy time here at our house.  Basically, it's a whirlwind from the start of school until Christmas break and then life slows down a little during winter. Nevertheless, we had a beautiful Thanksgiving, and I was reminded once again of the many, many blessings that our family has been given. We spent the holiday in town and went to my parents' for the feast.  I snapped a few pictures to remember the day.  S (above) has been losing teeth like crazy!  She's a first grader and is a tremendous reader.  K & T adore her.

This might be one of the very last meals he's eaten in a high chair.  He's tall enough to sit at a booster at the table, but the high chair works great to contain him.  He's still learning that he needs to stay at the table during any meal.  At restaurants he has recently been telling me that he 'can do a booster', so we've been letting him try instead of a high chair. He will get better at staying in it.  :)



Just some random shots of the family after dinner, baby J was sleeping, but he was there too! 
Drawing names for Christmas.  We have a sibling trade between myself and my brothers and sisters, and a cousin trade between the littles. They were so excited to participate!
I wonder who T has....
K must be pondering what she is going to get baby J.

After dinner we played a few games, Pretty Pretty Princess was one of them.  I remember playing this game with Auntie Emma when she was little and I knew K would love it.  A game about accessories!  I even looked for it for Christmas for K, but it's a 'vintage' game and is about $100 on amazon.  That's crazy!  Luckily, Em still has it so we just used hers.
Uncle Eric was a trooper and played the princess game too.
Oh no, K got the dreaded black ring!
S getting all dolled up.  I can't remember why Em is crying here, but she probably got the black ring.
Auntie Shelley and baby J watched all the action.
Eric almost won when he got the crown, but...
S quickly earned it with a spin.

Then Em grabbed it.  S looked shocked!
pretty flowers at Nana's.
Em is the winner!
We did a couple little crafting projects too.  Each child got to cut out pictures they liked in magazines to use as turkey feathers.
Nana & I helped them glue their turkey books together and they wrote in them.
We made a few gingerbread men too.


The girls really got into it.  T would play with toys for a little, and then come back to the table, and then back to toys.
Look at the book S designed!  
Meanwhile, Papa and baby J cuddled on the couch taking naps.  A perfect end to a perfect Thanksgiving.

We are so blessed!