Wednesday, August 6, 2014

from the mouths of babes


Today as we were driving around town I started to talk about school starting, and that I would be headed back to work soon.  We've already talked about this a couple of times recently, but today I reminded K & T that they would see Nana two days a week & Heather two days a week and mostly Daddy & Auntie Sarah on different Fridays.  I started to get teary-eyed in this conversation, just thinking how much I love these children, how much I'm going to miss them during the day and how quickly summer is coming to an end.

Here's a part of our conversation:

Me: "You'll see Nana for two days, and Heather for two days, and Daddy & Auntie Sarah on Fridays" (said in a teary voice)
T: "Why are you sad Mom?"
Me: "Because I just love you two so much and I'm going to miss you."
K: "But Mom, don't you like your class?"
Me: "Sure I do.  I love my class, I just love you guys more".
T: "But Mom, you always come home."
Me: (taking in a deep breath and letting out a sigh of relief and love)  "Yep, I do".

Be still my heart.  How awesome are these kids?  I just love them, and am so glad that they know it!  I am so thankful they know that I will always come home.