Thursday, August 21, 2014

For my babies

Dear K & T,
     Oh how I adore you! I've tried talking to you for the past few days about where I will be in the morning when you wake up.  School is starting back up and tomorrow is my first day.  I miss you so much already!  We have had such a fun summer together.  We have gone of lots of trips to the zoo and the museum center.  We have gone to weekly playgroups and been to the library for story time.  We have played a lot in the backyard and lots in the house.  We've met lots of friends for lunch and play dates.  We have even been to the beach and back, and now it's time for a new routine.  Instead of me getting you up in the morning, Daddy gets too.  He is excited about it, and I know you will be too.  You love playing with him.  And he has errands to run, and we know that you love to do those with us.  For real.
K, you have grown up so much this summer.  You have talked about turning four almost daily, even though it's not until November.  You can easily name all of the letters in the alphabet, and can do lots of the letter sounds.  This is big news!!  You can count up to 11, and then you skip and say 18, 19, 20.  You will try any food, and have begun to like grilled cheese sandwiches and soups of all kinds.  When we are in the store you like to walk beside me rather than in the sit in the basket of the cart (unless it's Target and you are eating popcorn).  You are a great big sis for T.  You try to remind him of what he should be doing, and how he should act.  You two play so well together.  One of your favorite things to do this summer was for me to paint your nails.  You love to choose the color, and hardly have it on a day before you want a new one. You also love to play dress up and just snuggle on the couch.

 You are my sweetheart, my baby girl who is just growing up before my eyes.  I love you to the moon & back!

T, you are not a baby anymore despite me wanting you to be.  Just today we had a mishap with your bink and you have just gone to sleep for the first time without it.  I knew this day would be coming, I just didn't know it was today.  You are such a wonderful and fun little boy.  You are full of personality and spirit.  You make me laugh every.single.day.  You run everywhere, you hardly ever walk.  You climb, you slam, you sing, you tease, you laugh, you growl, and you smile.  You state what you want.  You are the most sharing kid I've ever seen.  You would give your heart if someone asked.  You love Nutella sandwiches, bananas and berries of any kind.  You don't like thunder.  You are trying your best to potty train, and we will keep at it.  You are smart.  You are friendly to strangers. You can name several letters including O, E, D and T.  You know your colors and shapes.  You love to help in the kitchen, and will run for the stool from the bathroom whenever you think there is something that you need to see out of your reach.  When I come and get you from your nap, you have gotten into the habit of asking for 'one more minute' as you reach for the covers.  It's adorable.

 I love you to pieces T.  You have become very independent, and it's just amazing to watch.

I know you two are well taken care of while I'm working.  You are loved by so many people.  I pray that you will always know that you are my world.

I can hardly wait to get home to you to hear all about your Daddy day.  Have so much fun!

Love, Mommy