We take lots and lots of photos around here, but rarely do we take photos of the kids sleeping. I know that sleep is vital to their health, and I don't want to chance waking up their sweet faces. I couldn't resist last week, however, when I realized that it's been about a year since I've captured them in slumber. I don't want to forget a moment of their lives, so I snuck into their rooms a little early one afternoon to snap a single pic of each of them.
 |
| K has lots of things in bed with her, from books to a few stuffed animals. We take things out, and she puts them back in and then some. She says she 'needs' them. She is usually awake when I go to get her in the morning and at naptime, and is quietly looking at books, or playing with Baby. In the past couple of weeks she says she 'needs a minute' and wants to stay in her bed to finish the book or to pretend sleep. She is really sleeping in this picture, she's a side sleeper and loves to snuggle under the covers. |
 |
| T is the complete opposite kind of sleeper. He has a couple of toys and books in bed, that he still occasionally throws out, but he doesn't sleep under covers. He scoops his blankets into his arms in addition to his Friend. He still sleeps with a binky, but it stays in his bed. He recently started sleeping with a pillow to help with a cough he had. We had it under the mattress to elevate him, but one day he noticed that K had one and he didn't. He doesn't always sleep on it, but can be found with his feet on it, or him sleeping on the bottom half of the mattress away from it. He is usually awake in the morning when I go get him, and is laying down with his feet sticking out of the slats in his crib. He always wakes up in a great mood and is ready to play. |
 |
| This is T's Friend, he has slept with him every nap and night since T came home. T carries/throws Friend downstairs in the morning and Friend goes for rides in the play shopping cart and gets dragged into all sorts of games. Friend doesn't leave the house, but when we are here, T is Friend's #1 fan. |
 |
| Of course, this is Baby, K's go to girl. Baby was actually N's, that K adopted shortly after she arrived home. Baby's name is Baby (per K), and she joins K for every nap and bedtime and lots of activities in between. Baby is played with daily by K, and kidnapped by T quite frequently. Baby can usually be found in the baby stroller, and T looks for moments to grab her when K isn't looking. K likes to wrap Baby up in a blanket and/or stuff her into her baby backpack while she runs her 'errands'. Baby is a huge part of K's day! |
Well, that's K & T napping and their napping buddies. These sleeping babies are my world, and I won't risk waking them until next year's photo. :)