Sunday, July 21, 2013
sweet tears
Last night K & I were looking at a few of our family photos in a book that she chose for her bedtime story. We have 'read' this book for the past several nights, and I tell her stories about the photos. Most of the pictures are of her and T, but there are a couple of just Andy & I. When we got to the picture (like the one above) I said to her, "There's Mommy & Daddy when we were on vacation before we adopted you". K looked up to me and said, "That's when you were looking for us". My heart started to sing, and with tears in my eyes I told her, "Yes, honey, we have been looking for you for a long time". True story.
Andy & I are very open with the kids that they are adopted, chosen, wanted and loved by us. And that they were loved and continue to be loved by both their birth family and their foster family before we brought them home. I'm so glad that she's listening, and I pray that she will always remember that she is ours forever.