Friday, July 19, 2013

Breakfast with K

This morning we made a quick breakfast and since Andy was home and able to play with T while I snapped some photos, K was ready & excited to help.

First, one needs to gather the ingredients. K chose to make Nutella toast.  (A favorite of both T & K).

She was quick to put the slices in the toaster.

First time pressing it down!

Daddy & T ate some grapes and watched K work.

Waiting for the toast to finish.

I plopped the Nutella on for her and she really tried to spread it out.

When the toast was well covered, I cut it into pieces and we moved on to our next dish.  K plopped the grapes into the mini food processor to begin.

I cut the apples and she dumped them in with the grapes.  Then we added the fruit muesli mixture that I had made the night before. 

K was all about pressing the pulse button! 

Next, we served up the plates, K & T jumped into their seats, we said a prayer and it was time to eat.

K was so pleased with herself.  She's a fantastic helper!

Daddy had some muesli for breakfast.

This guy loved it!  We made muesli a lot when T was a bit younger, but it's been awhile.  He ate 3 helpings, so I guess we will put it back into the breakfast rotation!