Monday, October 1, 2012

Gro-ker

Tonight I asked K if she wanted to stay home with T & Daddy, or go to Kroger with me before the bedtime routine began.  She said what I think was Kroger, it sounded like 'Gro-ker', and then she said 'shoes?'  That was code for "I'm going to Kroger with you Mama, let me just get my shoes and we can be off."

She's a good little shopping buddy.  Since T usually is sitting in the front of the cart these days, K has been promoted to basket girl. She wants to sit here, even when T is not with us. She happily sits criss-cross-applesauce in the big basket playing with cans, clicking the seatbelt together and commenting on just about everything and everyone she sees.  She loves to pick up what I've put in the cart and arranges it all.  She loves to be 'in charge' of a particular item too.  Tonight it was a bag of goldfish crackers.  She was also fascinated by the giant inflatable M&M we saw tonight near the Halloween aisle, she giggled and pointed at it while tapping my arm to make sure I saw it.  

She always gets excited when we walk through floral department, especially at all of the balloons that are blown up.  Today was the first time that she said, 'buy it?' to me, about a balloon.  Since I knew we would have lots of balloons this weekend for Mr. T's bday, I told her that she could pick out something special in a little while.  She didn't pout one bit, what a good girl.

We went about our grocery business, K stacked cans of black olives, babied the strawberries we chose, and wanted to help choose T's babyfood.  (I had to carefully position the cart so she wouldn't actually be able to touch the jars on the shelves). Finally, we made to the yogurt aisle, where I usually just grab her some Yoplait Whips.  She likes the strawberry and orange flavors, although we've dabbled with the others.  Again, for the first time tonight she made a big deal out of something.  It took quite a few seconds and lots of pointing from both of us to figure out what she wanted.  She really had done a great job on the trip, so we are now the proud owners of SpongeBob SquarePants Gogurts.  I hope she eats them!   

You make grocery shopping so much more fun K!  We love you! 
,