On a recent beautiful day I took the kids to the zoo, and we had a blast! We saw our usual favorite things and enjoyed the time together. K & T took turns walking and riding in the stroller, they are each becoming so independent. I just love these two littles and continue to smile at the blessing that they are in our lives.
 |
| K with one of her favorite restaurateurs. |
 |
| Of course the elephants were first on our list to see. It looked like they were enjoying the lovely weather too. |
 |
| T started saying to me, 'hiding, he's hiding' while we were looking at the giant beasts. I wasn't sure what he meant until.... |
 |
| I saw it too! Can you see the elephant hiding? Just left of dead center you can see it's ear. Good eyes T! |
 |
| S-L-O-T-H. He's always hanging around and moving so slow, but the kids like to spot him. What an interesting creature. |
 |
| On our way to see her next favorite animals. |
 |
| Cutie T. He likes these guys too! |
 |
| Here are the giraffes! |
 |
| We always spend quite a bit of time here watching the giraffe family. And it's a great time for K & T's favorite zoo snack, popcorn. |
 |
| We walked a little ways to the flamingos. K started to giggle when she realized that he was standing on one leg. |
 |
| Then she tried it too! Love that. |
 |
| Next stop, the lions and the cave that K & T must run in every time we are there. |
 |
| They just go round and round! |
 |
| Watching an African owl |
 |
| Looking for lions |
 |
| Watching the cheetahs and doing a little more snacking. |
 |
| Waiting for the train! |
 |
| I ADORE these two! |
 |
| Thoroughly enjoying the sun and the train ride. ('Cheese' says T in case you couldn't guess!) |
 |
| At lunch this peacock strode by, he got a little too close for K & T's liking. |
 |
| Just chillin', eating a little applesauce. |
 |
| Enjoying a yogurt smoothie. |
 |
| After lunch we had a little more to time check out a few more animals. |
 |
| T found these penguins. |
 |
| I found the wallaby. |
 |
| And K asked and asked to brush the goats! Of course Miss K. T wanted in too. |
 |
| More brushing, brushing, brushing, they had a ball! |
 |
| I think that washing their hands is one of their favorite things to do at the zoo! Here's T getting some soap. |
 |
| The water was cold! |
 |
| But that didn't stop K & T from playing around. |
 |
| On the way out, we made a quick stop at monkey island. |
 |
Silly T & K.
We had a great morning together, and I'm so thankful for the beautiful zoo that we get to go to. K & T are learning about the animals they see, as well as enjoying the great outdoors and the family time together. I love these two so much, they just make my heart so happy! |