Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Eve- part 1


Over winter break we stayed up a bit later than usual and watched Rudolph a couple of nights with popcorn.  K calls it the 'Snowman' movie because of the snowman in the beginning of the show. 
T trying popcorn for the first time.  We were careful about not giving him kernels, and he loved the crunchy stuff.
On Christmas Eve we worked on a grandparent gift for some of K & T's favorite people in the world.  I do this project with my firsties for their parents and I knew that K would get into it.
It's as simple as painting one hand and pressing it on an ornament that I had written each child's name and the year. 
Then clean up the paint.  T wasn't sure he liked the paint on his hand part, but he is starting to like playing in the sink.
Here are the finished ornaments, 3 from each kid. (We kept a set for ourselves).
After the paint dried, I decorated the fingers into snowpeople and strung a ribbon on the ball.  (In my classroom I let the kids decorate the balls.) Done!
On a different note, T grabs my scarf just about every time he sees it on the kitchen table.  He likes to walk around wearing it. 
He doesn't like to give it back either. 
See that face?  He's serious.  :)
On Christmas Eve Daddy retold the Christmas story using our nativity set.
We also sang a couple of Christmas songs together by the tree. 
Then K & T each got to open a present, it's new jammies!  K was super excited to open a 'prize'.
T loved the noisy paper.
See, he's much more interested in the bag than the gift.  More to come!