One Saturday in December we ventured out to my school's Breakfast with Santa. We knew that K & T would be leery of the the jolly old fellow, so we thought that the smaller setting of the school rather than waiting at the mall would make getting a classic Santa photo a little easier. The pics tell the rest of the story.
 |
| What's Breakfast with Santa without a little breaky (Australian for breakfast) ? Both T & K like breakfast food, so we were off to a good start. |
 |
| K doesn't really eat a lot in the morning, and would rather have breakfast food for dinner, but she loved the pancake that she ate with her hands! She was also just excited to be somewhere new and everyone making a fuss over her. She just smiled and smiled. |
 |
| T, of course, loved the breakfast, it was mostly carbs, his favorite! He gave out lots of free smiles too. |
 |
| There was face painting that we skipped, and a couple of crafts for the kiddos to do as well as a little Christmas shopping. K had a ball making reindeer food. She loved pouring the oats and glitter into the baggie and helped me put the bag on our mantel when we got home. The line to see Santa grew shorter, so we grabbed our chance to meet the Man. |
 |
| K immediately started screaming. I took a pic. |
 |
| We put T on Santa's lap and he started screaming. I took a pic. |
 |
| Just one more pic, Santa is getting worried. (This was almost our Christmas card picture) |
 |
| We took K off so that T could have a solo shot, he was still screaming. |
 |
| This whole encounter took about 20 seconds, and at the end Santa called me over to sit on his lap and to chat with me. I didn't have any Christmas wishes this year, K & T are the best presents that I could ever ask for! |
The kids recovered quickly and were back to their happy selves as soon as left the stage where Santa was sitting, K enjoyed the bubbles that she got from Santa, and it turns out the T likes candy cane pieces from his candy cane. For the rest of the month if someone asked K about Santa, she would say this: "Me no like. Crying. Mommy, hold you.". Translastion: "Mommy, I don't like Santa. I was crying really loud when I sat on his lap. Mommy, I needed you to hold me to keep me safe from him, but I still want a present. I'm on the good list". Merry Christmas K & T we were looking so forward to our first Christmas together!