Happy New School Year K & T, this year you will get to go to preschool! I still can't believe you are old enough to do so. How fast time is flying. It seems like just yesterday we brought you home, and now we are shopping for backpacks. Oh, how I wish time would slow down.
This morning when you wake up, Daddy will be here with you, and I will be back at work. I know already I will drive away from our home with tears in my eyes, and I already miss you just thinking about leaving you. We have talked a lot about me returning to work, and when I start to tear up, you both have the sweetest things to say. Just yesterday T told me that I need to 'take a deep breath', because that's what I tell him to do when he's sad. And K has told me that during her school days that 'the day will zoom by and I will make new friends at school and learn a lot and then Mommy will be home' so I should have days like that too. How smart you two are.
We have had the best summer, just the best. We completed our first ABC summer, it was really fun thinking of things to do, and listening to your ideas. I hope we will do it again next summer, I'm already thinking about it! We enjoyed lots of playdates, library storytimes, lots of time in the pool, swimming lessons, lots of backyard and bike riding, and of course, the beach. It has been an incredible summer.
K, you have had such an exciting summer. You lost your first tooth last week! At the dentist this week, they said you had three more loose teeth, and that we should be on the look out for your 6 year molars. Sister, you aren't even 5 yet, stop rushing me! :) We kid about that all the time. You just want to so grown up, and I want to keep you little. You are growing into such a sweet spirit. You are fun to be with, fun to talk to, and fun to have around. You wake up in a great mood that lasts all day. You contribute to conversations, you try to make connections with everything, and you think you're right all the time. We are working on that last thing. You love to sit at the table and do anything 'artsy'. You practice writing, you love to paint with watercolors, you can cut paper hearts out by yourself, and you write your name on everything. Just this week you are wearing your first shoes that tie, we are teaching you to tie your shoes. You are a joy K, you are my sweet, sweet daughter, and I adore you. You are my favorite little girl in the whole wide world.
T, you and I have become best buddies this summer. You have always had a sweet spot for your daddy, but now I'm in there too. We each worked hard for weeks this summer to get you potty trained for school. This was a major effort from both of us, and we did it. It really happened overnight when you decided you could do it. It was all up to you. I knew you could do it. You also had a great summer. You have played your way through every. single. day. Your imagination is huge right now! You like to talk about 'bad guys' and snakes, and fighting. You always, always have something in your hand, be it a plastic sword, a funoodle lightsaber, or toy gun of some sort. When we watch tv or read a book you sit in my lap and snuggle in, every time. I love that. You have found your independence this summer. You argue, you tease, you fight, you laugh, you run away from me, you giggle, you ask a lot of questions and you love. You say the funniest things. You keep me on my toes T, I can't imagine a world without you. You are my son and I love you more than I have the words to say. You are my favorite little boy in the whole wide world.
You two are loved by many, K & T, including Nana, Heather & Auntie Sarah who will help take care of you while I'm working. You love to be with these people, and I know you are looking forward to seeing them more often in the next few months. You are both really excited about preschool too. I know you're going to love it.
Thank you for an incredible summer. You two are my world, my life, and my heart.
Have fun with Daddy today, he has plans for you!
Love, Mommy