Friday, October 10, 2014

fall things

Last week we did some fall clean up, with K & T helping right along.  I cannot say enough how much they like to be outside, doing just about anything.  I hope they will always be willing to pitch in like they are now.  Here's a look at what we were up to.
We needed to do a little weeding in this strawberry bed, but T managed to find some red berries first. He  ate every. single. one. he found.  I can't even describe how quickly he was going through the plants, this guy just loves fruit!
Caught ya!
K loves to use scissors, and my genius mom told me that a couple weeks ago that she had the kids outside and gave them some scissors to cut grass.  K did it for almost 30 minutes!  So I put this skill to the test and had K go to town on my containers that needed to be cleaned up.
She did a great job!  T was helping me pull all of the plants out, and K just stood there cutting everything.  It was awesome.
And then we played hide and seek. 
We really do feed this guy, but he's pretty good at finding his own food apparently.  We grew carrots this year and I guess we missed a couple in the garden.  He found one that was almost 5 inches long.  I was barely able to wash it before he started munching on it.
He found this little one too.
Back inside, we did a little decorating for Halloween.  K requested 'googly eyes' for our window, and T wanted pumpkins.
So we had to do both!

Happy Fall Y'all!