One of my favorite blogs posted
this recipe last week, and as soon as I read it, I thought that it would be a perfect meal for K & I to do together. It was our first attempt at cooking together, and she did GREAT! It was very simple to do, and the results were quite yummy! K doesn't eat a lot of bread or pasta, but she did eat a bit of this, I think because she helped. If you're looking for something easy, give it a try!
Here's the recipe in a nutshell: (We did just 12 rolls instead of 24 that the recipe called for)
 |
| First we need to wash our hands. We've let the frozen rolls thaw on the counter for about 1 1/2 hours and now we are ready to go! |
 |
| First, smash down the rolls into circles. |
 |
| Mommy can help if you need it. |
 |
| Next, test the lunchmeat to make sure it's delicious. We used roasted chicken. It's so good. |
 |
| Put the meat on half of the round, and top with cheese. |
 |
| Add lots of cheese if you're a tot who loves it like me. |
 |
| Better taste that cheese too. |
 |
| Pinch sides closed. While Mommy is melting butter, you can add more cheese. She won't mind. |
 |
| Brush tops with melted butter. |
 |
| I am so good at this part! |
 |
| Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Mommy put Italian seasoning and garlic powder on half of them. Those aren't for me. |
 |
| While they are baking, have your daddy feed the baby his cereal and fruit. In about 15 minutes we'll be ready to eat. |
 |
| Daddy tried one, he really liked it a lot! |
 |
| Here's the finished sandwiches, they are like mini-calzones. Next time we are going to use ham and mushrooms. I hope we use black olives too! |
 |
| I loved helping in the kitchen and can't wait to do it again. It's time for dinner! |