On Father's Day I have always just thought of my dad, never me. My dad was really funny, he loved to tell jokes, he was smart and a good friend to me. I worked with him for several summers at his shop and remember the lunches we had with good memories. I miss him a lot, and sometimes wish that it was possible that I could call him to ask his advice, or to share stories with him. I know he would love K and T a lot. He would have gotten a real kick out of them both.
This Father's Day is different this year, and it feels weird, in a good way. We have kids now and now I get to be included in the group, some of the men at church were even teasing me about it today. I got to spend today with my kids and I feel blessed and happy that they are here. We spent the afternoon playing together and it feels great to just have fun and enjoy them. I really love them both more than I ever thought I could.
What I know about K: She loves to play. She loves to play ball, or with her baby. She will bring you the ball or baby but only wants you to hold the item not actually play with them. K also likes to watch Sesame Street or Mickey Mouse Club or her favorite, Lady and the Tramp. She will sit by me to watch at least for a few minutes until something else catches her eye. She also likes to look at books and play outside.
What I know about T: He loves to crawl around the house which he just started doing in the last week or so. He is very adventurous and likes to explore and investigate everything that is within his reach. He has a also learned how to sit up but has not really learned how to get back down without just tipping over. T likes to play on on the floor as long as he can see Corrie or I. If he notices he can't see anyone he then gets upset. He is usually pretty laid back.
What I know about them both: I love them very much. I love playing with them, reading to them, and watching them as they learn how to do new things. I look forward to sharing many new experiences with them as we grow up as a family, and helping them reach milestones throughout their life.