I have had many Valentine's Day parties in my first grade classroom since I began teaching. I have been lucky to have students' parents that come in and play games, do crafts, send in treats and come to help. FINALLY, I got to be one of those parents and help at my own kids' parties! I have been looking forward to this day for forever. I signed up to help at the Vday parties at the beginning of the school year, and the day finally arrived. I took the morning off from first grade, and dropped K & T off at their school that morning. It was fun helping them get ready for the day. I returned back to their school about an hour later, and started in K's room first as her party started first. I helped with her crafts, watched her eat her snack, and then we played the game I brought. Then I went to help in T's room. I helped with his craft, and then we played the game there too. I know they each wanted me to stay with them the whole time, but that's just impossible. I was so glad that I got this little sneak peek into them in their school day. I got to meet their friends, watch them listen to their teachers, and see their spaces. What a fun day!
 |
| Here's pretty K eating her snack. Hearts and pink! Her favorites things! |
 |
| K showing her classroom pets, tadpoles. They are tiny, and haven't grown their legs yet. |
 |
| Making a fun valentine bag, she's really great at following directions. |
 |
| Tada! |
 |
| T was listening to a story when I got in his room, he's right in the front. |
 |
| Making a love bug magnet. |
 |
| Happy kid! |
 |
| Stringing beads onto pipe cleaners for bracelets. |
 |
| My game in both rooms was one that my firsties love. My pal Keri told me about it a couple of years ago, it's called Cupid's Arrow. Each child gets a wide straw and a Qtip, then they simply take turns blowing through their straws to launch the Qtip at a target (bowl on the ground). I was busy helping them play and only got this one picture. It was a blast though! |
After the parties, I gathered K & T, and met up with Heather, who took them back to her house for lunch and playtime, our normal Thursday schedule. I went back to my school and partied it up with my own class for the rest of the afternoon. It was a party filled day!
 |
| After dinner that night, K & T went through their bags of valentines. It was so much fun to listen to them talk about their parties, and look through their thoughtful valentines. |
 |
| She loved these bags of goodies, and she is such a saver! Because she doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, she loved the plastic bracelets, stickers and rings rather than the candy. |
 |
| After I opened my valentines from my students, our table was covered in goodies. |
 |
| Getting his candy on. He would eat it all in one setting if we let him. He. Is. Mr. Sweet. Tooth. |
 |
| Happy Girl! |
I hope that there are more classroom parties in our future, I loved seeing them in their school space!