Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Happy Birthday Papa!

Happy Birthday Papa!  We hope you have a great day at school and that Nana bakes you some cookies today!

In honor of your big day, we asked K & T what they loved doing with you.  K said that she likes to go down in your basement and look at your trains with you. She also likes the typewriter at your house, she's likes to type.   T said that he liked your gun hanging on the wall at your house and he liked your trains with the secret hiding spot under the train table.  (We hope he's not doing something he's not supposed when he's talking about this!) And he likes to look at the guitar in your office.
Of course Andy & I don't want to be left out of this...Andy says that he's appreciates your willingness to help us with any house project, and your ability to endure to the end of said project!  He also noted your dedication to your job, and your terrific sense of humor.  Andy says that you are knowledgeable in so many areas, you always have the answer that he's looking for, and you would be pro at the 'brown' science-y questions in trival pursuit.  I would like to say that I am so thankful for you.  I love talking to you, working with you, seeing you play with your grandchildren, and that I appreciate the sacrifices you have made on behalf of your family.  I love you Dad!

Last weekend Papa came along with Andy, K & T to a Lowe's Kids' workshop.  It was jammed packed, but they found a place to work on top of a large bundle of plywood. K & T were given safety goggles and aprons upon arrival, and the foursome got right to work.
The gang looking at the pieces, and putting them in order.
Papa & K reading the directions and putting the first pieces together. 
This guy was so happy to be here!  Lowe's is his favorite store.
Working with Daddy.
Papa being brave and letting K hammer so close to his fingers.  :)  
Sticker time!
Teamwork
One little man was proud of his monster truck.
Thanks for helping Papa!  Please come with us again!
Once again, Happy Birthday Papa!  We love you to the moon & back!