Wednesday, November 12, 2014

T is three- the party

Our baby boy turned 3 last month, and we had a party to celebrate him.  I asked him several times what kind of party he wanted, and the themes he suggested varied from a Spiderman party, to a baseball party to a pirate party.  There was one constant, he wanted a Spiderman cupcake.  So, I took that suggestion and planned a seasonal pumpkin party, complete with said cupcake.  T is an easy going kid when it comes to these things, so I hoped that he would have fun with what we planned. And he did.  Here's a look at the fun we had as be partied it up with our newest 3 year old!
T in his birthday shirt.  He is such a cutie!
A quick photo with Mommy before the party begins.  He put his around me like that, isn't that sweet?!  I LOVE this kid!
It was so much fun having Auntie Sarah here for the weekend.  We always have a blast with her.
Our three year olds acting silly and showing their age.
The cousins taking a crack at our first game, tossing bat rings into a pumpkin.  It's harder than it looks!
Nana & T, best buddies
Grandma & T,  cuddling on the couch
T & his proud Papa
Uncle Spencer & T having a chat.
Back to the bat game!
Taking a break in the action for some lunch.  We were celebrating Andy's birthday too, and had Papa Murphy's pizza, his favorite! 
Everybody's eating pizza!
Auntie Shelley snuggling with Baby J, he is such a cutie!
Getting set up for more activities...
The cookie table is looking ready.
I found this fun idea online, painting with legos!  I cut out pumpkin shapes and let the kids go to town with their blocks.
The kids had a ball with this new painting technique.
K & T love to be around cousin S.
So much fun!
The birthday boy loved it!
The cookie crew got started on decorating pumpkin cookies.  Uncle Spencer worked it!
Finished pumpkins.
T couldn't wait for a turn.
Auntie Sarah helping T pick candy for his cookie before he shoved it all in his mouth.  He is Mr. Sweet Tooth!
K did several cookies, but seemed to like the creating more than the eating.  
T getting ready to eat more candy.
Trying a nibble.
S is really concentrating!
Uncle Eric working his magic.  Man, I wish I was a lefty like him, then I think I could draw like him!
Spencer made this cookie for Mom, wasn't that sweet?
Em helping K, she's such a good auntie.
The pumpkins are dry!  This is K's.
S's pumpkin.
And the birthday boy's.  These all looked great!
Finally, what T had been waiting for, blowing out the candles.
The birthday boys singing happy birthday to each other.  They sure do love one another.
Making a wish!
Yeah!

I love these boys!
T, once again, was so blessed on his birthday.  His family really knows and loves him.  He got so many great things and loves it all.  Cousin S helped him open these cute stormtrooper jammies.  We have to sing the Stormtrooper march every night when he puts them on. 
Everyone likes to open presents!
Lincoln logs!
An awesome fire truck that makes sounds, he loves it.
This is a favorite gift, a sock monkey umbrella. 
Cool, a lunchbox!
And anything Jake & The Never Land Pirates is just awesome.
Daddy got some nice things too, but they're no...
Sock Monkey Umbrella!

Papa is always a good sport.  
Having a little bday cupcake, complete with Spiderman ring.  Mission complete.
T liked blowing out the candle so much, that he asked me to light it again.

and again....


...and again....

...and again...!  Such simple pleasures.  Anything for you Mr. T!
Auntie Em & T give a final smile.
Happy 3rd Birthday baby boy.  We love you to the moon & back!