Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Day

The big day is here, I go back to work today after being off since K & T came home at the end of March.  It's been an amazing and beautiful seven weeks getting to know these two incredible children, I hope I always remember these first few weeks together.  I'm so glad that I have a job that allowed me to take this leave to bond with them, and bond we did!  I'm in tears right now just thinking about how much I love them, how I would do anything for them, how important they are to me. 

Another blessing is that Andy will get the next three weeks off to be home with them while I finish up the school year.  We'll even have a few days together at the end before he needs to go back to work.  Our jobs are even blessings in our lives.  We both truly enjoy what we do, we have great co-workers & bosses and have terrific schedules. We know not everyone has this, and we are grateful for it.  However, we've discovered that we love being Mommy and Daddy the best!

 K & T are miracles, so many people prayed them here.  So many things had to line up just right for them to come here, so many people were involved in the process and continue to be and so, so many people love them.  There are not enough words to express our thanks for this. 

I know Andy will enjoy his time at home with the kids.  He is such a fun daddy, firm when he needs to be, but he loves to play and make the kiddos laugh.  He loves their smiles.   He has always been a patient person, and continues to be no matter the situation.  I've learned a lot from his example. He has promised to take pictures and video of important things that I may miss. :)  Believe me, I will quiz him!

On a different note, I'm excited to see my firsties! I've really missed them and thought a lot about them and the progress they were making.  I know they were in good hands while I was gone.  We have a lot of catching up to do!  I really love this class and am anxious for the smiles and hugs I will get today.  They are a terrific group.

I'm looking forward to walking in the door in the afternoon for big loves from K & T.  And I'm also hoping that they nap for Daddy, that always makes the day go smoothly.  It should be a great day for everyone and I can't wait to hear all about it!