T started first grade this year and is doing great. I was a little nervous for him to be at school all day, to have his playtime cut down, but this guy can play a game anywhere and loves his recess touch football games. T has the same teacher that K had in first grade, a dear friend of mine who he adores. He has found a love of reading, and is really making gains, he's still quick with math facts too. I see him everyday at lunch and he doesn't seem to mind that I give him a hug in front of his friends. T is playing soccer right now, and we just signed him up for flag football, a compromise between us, and he will play basketball after that. He continues to enjoy piano lessons with K, and practices most days without complaint. T has an awesome sense of humor, tells detailed stories, loves to help, and speaks his mind. He is growing up to be a gentleman, opening doors for people and paying attention when people need help.
We are so blessed to be his parents, and consider ourselves the lucky ones in our adoption match.
I snapped these pictures of T this weekend.
In our birthday tradition, here's T in a nutshell, in his very own words..
How old are you? 7 (he says while he's twisting his hair, a habit he developed this year, while laying on my shoulder)
Why are you excited to be seven? Because I want to have bigger toys and to be a big kid.
Why are you excited to be seven? Because I want to have bigger toys and to be a big kid.
What is your favorite color? Blue (this hasn't changed his whole life)
What is your favorite animal? a dog (this is a change from last year.) A chihuahua. Do they stink?
What is your favorite book? Um, I don't know. Wait. I like to read My Pirate Adventure from Aunt Shelley, (it has his name throughout it).
What is your favorite TV show? Lone Ranger. (I really think it's Bunk'd, but Lone Ranger is what he said first. He started watching this with my dad earlier this year).
What is your favorite movie? Harry Potter (I read the first book aloud to K & T this year before they saw the movie).
What is your favorite TV show? Lone Ranger. (I really think it's Bunk'd, but Lone Ranger is what he said first. He started watching this with my dad earlier this year).
What is your favorite movie? Harry Potter (I read the first book aloud to K & T this year before they saw the movie).
What is your favorite song? It's Eye of the Tiger (same as last year)
What is your favorite food? Donuts from a donut store. (He still eats Nutella at least twice a week though)
What is your favorite food? Donuts from a donut store. (He still eats Nutella at least twice a week though)
What is your favorite breakfast? donuts. And my dinner is a chicken sandwich.
What is your favorite drink? Root beer.
What is your favorite snack? I think it's still fruit snacks.
What is your favorite candy? Giant lollipops (like Blowpops)
What is your favorite game? Dad, what's that Xbox game we play? (Andy answers). Oh yeah, Star Wars BattleFront.
What is your favorite toy? Uh, Nerf guns (same as last year)
Who is your best friend? F (a boy from his primary class at church)
What is your favorite thing to do inside? Ipad (meaning youtube videos)
What is your favorite thing to do outside? play football
Where is your favorite place to go? I don't know, there's a lot. Mom, say two. (I gave some choices), ok, um, Texas, and Skyzone.
What do you want to be when you grow up? Uh, a scientist. Maybe a meteorologist (he likes to read me the temperatures on the 7 day forecast that Andy pauses on the DVR for me each day, and tell me what the hottest day and the coldest night will be).
What is your favorite thing to do at school? Uh, I think reading.
What is a cool thing about First Grade? I'm in the best class. I make new friends everyday.
Happy, Happy Birthday T! We love you to the moon & back!