Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Conference weekend

Andy helped me find a way easier way to upload photos that takes just seconds compared to what I remember doing over the last couple of years, so I'm going to attempt to write a few blogs to see what I can sustain.

This past weekend we had General Conference for our church, and there were several invitations and announcements that we are excited about. First off, 2 hour church is coming!  WooHoo!  For all my life I've attended a 3 hour block on Sundays, and now home centered church is coming, and we are going down to two hours.  This is an answer to prayer for so many, including myself, on how do we get everything in. An extra hour on Sunday to focus on the Gospel and the family will be well received here.

A few weeks ago the Woman's broadcast was announced to the primary teachers along with the event, 'Chocolates & Cheesecakes' and all girls 8 and up were invited. K got it in her mind that even though she won't be 8 until next month, she really wanted to go, and so go we went.  I'm glad we did, we sat with my niece B, and Andy's mom, and K got lots of snuggles in.  We heard the invitations from Pres Nelson to begin a social media fast, and I started that on Sunday. He also asked us to read the Book of Mormon through from now until the end of the year, and we started that Sunday morning too. She had her scriptures out right along with me, and T wanted to do it too.  They are such good kids.

 They remembered their traditions of getting into sleeping bags and using conference bingo boards during the meeting that we watched at home.
 T set up this cute bench for their stuff animals to watch from.
 Looking cozy in jammies.
 I tried a new recipe for Orange Rolls, and our oven went crazy! The ones on the bottom got way too hot, but I was able to salvage enough to have a nice brunch. I just cut all the bottoms off!
See?  Not too bad.  Just keeping things real here.

It was such a good weekend with our little family.  We are grateful for a living prophet.