Sunday, September 20, 2015

preschool!

The day that we have been talking about since January finally arrived, it is K & T's first day of preschool!  Oh-my-goodness has K been talking about this forevah, for realz.  I was a little nervous for both of them, but knew they were more than ready to leave the nest, at least for a little while.  I took the morning off from my own classroom, so that I could take them for their very first preschool experience.  Parents got to stay on this first day, and I floated back and forth between their classrooms (which are next door to one another), snapping pictures of them in action.  They both took directions well from their teachers, and went into their classrooms happily.  K is in a 4 year old class, that is focused on preparing them for kindergarten, while T is in a 3 year old class that focuses on play and learning. They are going just two days a week, which is just enough in my book.  Next year K will of course, go to kindergarten, and we will revisit how many days is appropriate for T. I know they will both learn so much this year.  I can't wait to see where they will be in a year!

The new students
Handsome & happy Mr. T.
Pretty & precious Miss K.
K in her classroom, reading one of my favorites! 
T went to the block center right away.  No surprise there!
He plays kitchen with K at home, so this wasn't a surprise either.  Plus, he helps his daddy in our kitchen a lot at home.  I love a man who can cook!
K played with these shape tiles for quite a while.
Who loves bristle blocks?  This girl!
T's teacher is on the left in the blue shirt.  The boys were taking turns using tongs on the plastic carrots and putting them into the bunny's mouth.  Great fine motor skill practice!
These guys knocked this puzzle out pretty quickly too. T gets a lot of puzzle practice because K LOVES puzzles.
Making friends? Everything is a weapon with this guy. No joke.
Working with a geoboard and rubber bands.
Building a road with new friends.
This was her favorite area, the art center.  She could draw for hours!  Suns are what she draws most often right now.
He getting into drawing too.  "This is a bad guy Momma", he told me.  
I know we made the right decision by putting them in preschool.  They are going to have a BLAST! (Now pardon me while I cry in a corner.  How can they be old enough to do this!!)