On a recent trip to the zoo, we were able to see their fabulous tulips in bloom. It is quite a floral show that we look forward to every year. I had taken a personal day from work to do this, and I'm so glad I did! Spending the day with K & T, and my mom at the zoo is one of my very favorite things to do. Just check out these flowers!
 |
| Nana with her fan club. |
 |
| T getting his smell on. He loves being outside and seems quite enamored with nature. |
 |
| We don't really need a map at the zoo, but this girl tried to read it all day. Hey, that's great pre-reading skills! She's kept it in the pocket in the seat of our car and likes to look at it while we are driving places. |
 |
| The sloth is fun to watch. He moves so s-l-o-w. |
 |
| Of course we had to see the giraffes. There are four of them right now at the zoo, it's really neat to watch them interact with each other. |
 |
| This is the Mama lioness with her three new cubs. We can't wait to watch them grow up! |
 |
| At T's request, we had an early train ride. No trip to the zoo is complete without it! |
 |
| This guy was showing off as we pulled out of the station. |
 |
| Cutest spiders around! |
 |
| This girly loved brushing the goat with her new found friends. She could have sat here forever. |
 |
| Nana & T bought some treats and fed the goats. It was so funny to watch T open and close his own mouth every time he tried to feed to goats. "Open wide goat!" |
 |
| Just look at that smile! |
 |
| Opening his mouth again, I can't get enough. Don't worry, we washed up well after all of this feeding. |
 |
| This red panda is just stunning. |
 |
| This boy climbed up onto a large rock and demanded that I take his picture while he show me with his 'bow and arrow'. Good thing it's fake! |
 |
| Here's another peacock friend surrounded by beauty. One of my favorite pictures of the day. |
 |
| It's always amazing to us that this cockatoo just sits here so sweetly. |
 |
| Playing around |
 |
| My sweet babies |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| After the zoo, we hit one of our favorite grocery stores, I never let them get these crazy big carts, but Nana was with us and she does. :) They hardly fit anyway! |
 |
| On this trip they each chose a 'treat'. T wanted mango, one of his favorite foods in the world. |
 |
| And K wanted to try grape tomatoes, which she ended up loving. Great choices guys! |
It was a great day, I'm so glad I got spend it with my favorite people in the world.