I was thinking that I was just about done blogging about the holidays, but I found more pictures! These were such fun events, that I just had to include them. Our December was pretty mild this year in terms of weather, so we ventured to the zoo an extra time just before Christmas. My brother Eric joined us, and was such a trooper. He hung in there when the kids zoomed past some animals, and lingered longer at others. Seeing the zoo with K &T is really an adventure, they think they are zoo pros. It was great to have Eric with us, I hope he joins us again.
 |
| Of course we had to watch these ladies for a bit, they are K's faves. |
 |
| It drizzled for a bit of our trip, but T kept dry using his sock monkey umbrella. |
 |
| Think this is a dog going for a walk around the zoo? |
 |
| Nope, I think it's a warthog. It's definitely not a dog. Hakuna Matata! |
 |
| We watched these red pandas get a gift from Santa. |
 |
| We guessed that it was some sort of fruit. |
 |
| Look, who's here, it really was Santa! |
 |
| Surprisingly , K & T greeted the man in red. |
 |
| And while the red panda enjoyed his gift... |
 |
| This happened. I love it when Eric photo bombs. Just might be my favorite picture of the season. |
 |
| After figuring out that the train wasn't running and wiping a few tears, K & I took a selfie while T chased the.. |
 |
| peacock. He is always so majestic. |
 |
| We walked through the birdhouse to find these polar friends. Now, these guys I could watch all day. |
 |
| K & T rested a bit in the manatee house. We had been walking for a while! |
 |
| One last stop, these gorillas were playing hide and seek with us. They were watching us, while we were watching them. Thanks for coming with us Eric, we had a blast! |
Switching gears, here are K & T all dressed for church in their Christmas clothes. I think they look adorable!
 |
| beautiful K |
 |
| handsome T |
 |
| I have no idea what's making them giggle, but they have such cute smiles! |
 |
| Just a quick picture, we made these reindeer thumbprint ornaments this year as grandparent gifts. Thank you pinterest! |
 |
| The kids enjoyed lots of Christmas cookies this year. She is especially great at trying new foods, Andy & I joke often that K has the tastebuds of a 65 year old woman. |
 |
| And one must always have milk with cookies. It continues to be his favorite beverage. |
 |
| We focused on the Christmas story during Family Home Evenings this month. (I know T only has one sock on, he does this quite often. I have no idea why). We like using the videos on lds.org to start our lessons, the ipad makes it so easy. |
 |
| Both kids enjoyed playing with this nativity set again this year. More than once, a toy story figure, or a superhero figure, or a little people person was added to the set by the kids. That always cracks me up. |
 |
| On Christmas Eve after reading the Christmas story, singing a few songs and leaving cookies for Santa, it was time to open just one present. |
 |
| As is the tradition in many families, K & T opened up new jammies. |
 |
| After a warm bath, it was time for a story and bed! These two were ready for Christmas Day! |