On one of our recent snow days T asked me if he could help me in the kitchen. I loved that he wanted to help me, so I looked around and saw that we could make a quick snack. My friend Karlin makes a really yummy white chocolate popcorn that I knew I had the ingredients for, so that what we chose to do. I gathered the goods, while T grabbed the stool and we got to work. K quickly joined us, because it's always monkey see, monkey do, plus there's never too many cooks in our kitchen!
 |
| Here's my smiling helper #1 who had just washed his hands. We put a bag of butter popcorn in the microwave to pop and plugged the airpopper in too. (The key to this popcorn is the mixture of plain and buttery popcorn mixing with the sweet chocolate.) |
 |
| The kids thought the hot air popper was super cool! I should really get it out more often. It's loud, noisy and just interesting to watch. |
 |
| Feeling the warm air as the popcorn circulates |
 |
| Here comes the popcorn! |
 |
| Wowzers, it's coming so fast! |
 |
| T grabbing a taste. |
 |
| Mixing the butter and plain popcorn together. |
 |
| Next we melted some white chocolate in the microwave, stirring frequently. |
 |
| And poured it all over the popcorn. The kids loved stirring it in. |
 |
| What does this goodness need? Mini M&M's of course! |
 |
| I think this might have been their favorite part. |
 |
| K was very artful with her placing of the candies, while T was more of a dumper. No shocker there! |
 |
| Finally, it was time to taste! She loved it! |
 |
After all that fuss, he just wanted to eat the candies and mined them all out of the popcorn. Go figure.
I'm glad that T wanted to help in the kitchen no matter the outcome. Maybe he'll be a great cook, just like his daddy! |