Tuesday, September 16, 2014

feed Ohio

We had the opportunity to work with our church and community on the Feed Ohio campaign over the past couple of Saturdays.  When it was announced at church that help was needed, I knew I wanted to participate with K & T to help them to begin to understand how truly blessed we are.  I thank the Lord daily that Andy & I have jobs that we like, a home that we love, family that lives close and most importantly, K & T,  We are so blessed! I realize that not everyone lives in the circumstances that they desire and sometimes have significant needs that that they cannot meet.  I want K & T to know that it is important to serve others and to share what we have.  So, over two Saturdays, we helped pass out collection bags asking for canned food donations, and then went back a week later to pick it up to donate to our local food bank.  On top of the good feeling that we got from helping others, it turned out to be fun too!  I can't wait for next year.

T led our walk on the trike while K chose to pull the wagon with the bags.
Guess who has become great at peddling?  This guy!
On the way back from dropping off a bag
K was really good at tucking the bags into the door handles like we were supposed to do.
Just one week later the weather had cooled and we needed sweatshirts for collection day.  K & Daddy tagged team on carrying the goods.
T was happy to be helping again too!  This time we drove our car around looking for bags that were left on porches.
We made one last stop at Nana's who had a bag each for K & T to turn in, and some treats for the kids.  They love going to Nana's house!
I'm so happy that we could help out on this service project.  It didn't take a lot of time, I hope it helps a lot of people, and we got to do it with K & T!  A perfect Saturday.