Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Miss K- learning

It's been way too long since I've done a 'learning' post, and this little one certainly has learned a ton over the past few months.  A couple of weeks ago we went to the doctor for a check up.  She weighs 33 lbs, is 36 1/2 inches tall and wear size 8.5 wide shoe. She wears all 3 T pants/shorts, and some  3 & 4 T shirts, she's a tall one!  We feel so blessed that she is healthy, healthy, healthy! Here are some of her current favorite things and what she has been up to:

Favorite color: pink

Favorite song: ABC song

Favorite shape: circle (she has recently learned to draw one)

Favorite saying: "I just telling you..." (she has started to say this to me if she wants attention, or is feeling exasperated with me)

Favorite food: strawberries from our garden or a hot dog
Favorite book: I Ain't Gonna Paint No More
Favorite game: Hide & Seek
Favorite toy: her baby doll

Favorite playground activity: going down slides
Favorite inside activity: coloring and/or playing with stickers and paper
Favorite snack: microwave popcorn
Favorite sweet: she doesn't really have a sweet tooth, but likes Smarties' candy
Favorite outside activity: swinging on the swing
Favorite outfit: anything sparkly
Favorite shoes: her pink sparkly glitter Hello Kitty gym shoes
Favorite tv show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Favorite bathtime activity: pouring water from measuring cup to measuring cup
Favorite movie: Lady & the Tramp
Favorite animal: the elephants at the zoo
Favorite person: I think it's me, her Mommy, but she also loves my pal Heather a whole bunch. 






Our doctor encouraged us to take her off the sippy cup and let her use a real cup. The doc. also suggested that this move would stop K from chugging milk and let her drink no more than 16 oz. a day.  K has been practicing since then and is doing quite well with a cup.  We are so proud of her and her quick learning. 

Just this week K has started potty training!  We did this a couple of months ago when we thought she was ready, but realized that neither of us quite were.  We are finishing up day 2 today, and have had just a couple of accidents.  She picked out the Hello Kitty panties that she wanted to wear and she is excited to do this.  She is convinced that she is going to get to go to dance class, and get a purse and bracelet when she is potty trained.  I only talked about dance class with her, she came up with the rest on her own.  :) 

This past weekend we started having her eat at a booster chair at the kitchen table rather than her high chair.  She was super excited about this and reminds me that this is where she is supposed to eat.  We even went out to get special place mats for the table to celebrate the occasion.  She picked a pink one.  That was no shocker. 

Just tonight she climbed out of her bed for the first time.  She scared herself and us!  I actually ran to T's room first, since that who I thought it would be first.  He's a real dare devil these days.  She was fine, just shocked I think.  She told her that she needed out because she dropped her baby.  Guess we're looking at a toddler bed real soon! 

K is a naturally compliant little girl who loves her family, especially T.  She talks and sings to herself throughout the day, has a great imagination, and is a caretaker.  She can be silly at times, cracks herself up and Daddy has nicknamed her 'The Fairness Police" because she makes sure that she & T are treated & act the SAME in everything (hence the Monkey See, Monkey Do rule at our house).  K is a beautiful person both inside & out, and I count my lucky stars that I get to be her Momma.  I tell her everyday that she is my favorite girl in the whole world, and it's true.  We adore her.