Say it isn't so! How is it possible that our sweet, beautiful K is headed off to school? I knew it was coming, and so did she. K has been counting down for Kindergarten for more than a year, and the day finally arrived! Of course, there was much picture taking on the big day of our Kindergarten girl.
 |
| Timehops kills me sometimes! How can this be just three years ago? She has grown from adorable toddler to gorgeous girl right before our eyes. |
 |
| Our dear friends Keri & her daughter Ke heart attacked K the night before Kindergarten. K was THRILLED with this surprise. |
 |
| Nana & Papa made sure K had the right reading material too. It was the perfect bedtime story. |
 |
| Here she is! She picked out her own outfit, and chose to wear her hair in a headband. She looks so grown up! She chose her new backpack too, purple with butterflies. It's so K. |
 |
| Here's K & T waiting at the bus stop at Heather's. Heather was wonderful and snapped a couple of pictures for us. T insisted on wearing the dress up to the bus stop. |
 |
| The bus! K was the first one on in the afternoon. There's her bus driver too. Our district does a cool thing, and has another bus driver/adult on the bus to help the new kindergartens find a seat on the bus and feel comfortable on their way to school. This happened for the first couple of days. K said she liked talking to the lady. |
 |
| I was waiting for Kate's bus in the parking lot today, and as soon as it rounded the corner I started crying! I had no idea I would be so emotional! One of the moms standing there said, "oh, I thought you were a teacher here" and I replied that I was, and I'm a mom too. Then she hugged me. People are great. |
 |
| Here's she is, all smiley and happy to see me! |
 |
| As she was walking towards me, I thought how lucky I was that I got to see this. I didn't miss anything about this day by being a working mom. I made the right decision to change districts so that we could be together. It's been quite a mission to move, and settle in, but my kiddos are worth it! |
 |
| Looking a little anxious, but ready. |
 |
| Here's K with her teacher. |
 |
| The kids are giving a quick wave to the parents as they start to head into the building. |
 |
| ...and there she goes. I adore her and am so proud to be her Mama. |
 |
| Meanwhile, back at Heather's, T who doesn't start preschool for a couple more weeks, looks comfy eating candy, playing his Kindle and lounging. |
 |
And one more from Heather. This is K & T after school as she got off the bus. They were so happy to see each other! At the end of the night K said she really liked Kindergarten, that 'playgroup' which is really recess, was her favorite part. Typical kid!
Happy New School Year K! You are going to do big things! |