Friday, November 18, 2022

K is Twelve!

12.  Every year it amazes me that these beautiful children are growing up so quickly.  She's 12 tomorrow.  She is looking forward to wearing make up, doing more in YW at church and is really hoping for a phone at some point.  

K started middle school this year, and it hasn't been the easy transition that we had hoped it would be.  K is a strong, independent young woman.  She is learning who her friends are, and how to make good friends.  She is learning persistence and how to do hard things.  She is dealing with sometimes mean people, and being a positive force.  She is a great student, a good friend to others, a willing helper, and a kind heart.  She still loves to craft and make artwork, she's really moving along in piano, still likes to sing, and is happy at horseback riding lessons.  She is also swimming for her middle school team and enjoys the nightly practices 4-5 times a week.  She keeps us busy, and how wonderful she is.  We are lucky to have her.








I snapped these pictures of K on our front porch last week before church.  She's a beauty inside & out! 

In our birthday tradition, I interviewed K using the most of the same questions I asked T last month. From the mouth of our beloved little girl, here's K's twelfth birthday interview.

How old will you be tomorrow? 12

Are you excited about your birthday? Yes! Because I won't be the same age as T.  
What is your favorite color?  Black and gold.
What is your favorite animal? A koala or sabre tooth tiger
What is your favorite book? Emerald Green
What is your favorite TV show?  Heartland
What is your favorite movie? Star Wars or Harry Potter, any of them
What is your favorite song? Heartbeat by Carrie Underwood, or I Love It.  (by icona pop) (seventh year in a row)
What is your favorite food? meat pizza.
What is your favorite ice cream? Cookie dough
What is your favorite breakfast? Crepes, they are really good.  
What is your favorite drink? Um, white hot chocolate with peppermint
What is your favorite snack? Nutty Buddies
What is your favorite piece of clothing? OBX hoodie
What is your favorite game? Name That Song
What are you most of proud of yourself for? Making it through the first quarter of middle school
Who is your best friend? E (a friend from church, they have been close for years)
What are some of your hobbies? I like to cook, and I like to paint
What is your favorite thing to do at school? Currently, it's have recess
What is your favorite thing to do at home? Play with Wrigley (our puppy)
What is your favorite thing to do with T? Play football in the backyard
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play football
Where do you want to go on vacation? Oh, I know, Texas!
What do you want to be when you grow up? I still haven't figured that out yet.

Happy Birthday K, may this 12th year be one full of happiness and joy for you!